Who is up for making a Christmas tree salad? 🎄😋✌️
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 2 Persian cucumbers, sliced
- 1 avocado, cut in half and sliced, then arranged into avocado roses
- 1 head buttercup lettuce, bases trimmed and leaves separated
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, use big star-shaped cookie cutter to cut out a star as topper
- 1/2 big carrot, peeled and sliced, then use small star-shaped cookie cutter to cut out stars
- 2 cups of heirloom small tomatoes
- 1 stick of celery, cut in half lengthways
- 5-6 radishes, green leaves cut, leave the root, cut into little ornament style
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted macadamia nuts
- Slices of baguette
Papaya Seeds Vinaigrette:
- 1 tbsp fresh papaya seeds
- 1/2 small shallot
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar, or apple cider vinegar, or white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Pepper, to taste
Blend everything together until smooth. Then drizzle it over your favorite salad.
How it's made:
Arrange the leaves on a very large platter or cutting board in a Christmas tree shape. The platter should be large enough to accommodate a star on top and a trunk on the bottom. Arrange a layer of little buttercup lettuce leaves to create tiers on the tree. Use celery sticks to create the trunk of the tree. Place the bell pepper star at the top of the tree. Scatter cucumber, tomatoes, carrots, radish and macadamia on top. Drizzle papaya seeds vinaigrette or your favorite vinaigrette on top. Decorate the ground under the tree with slices of bread. Serve immediately.
Chloe and Spencer helping me cook. We have some fresh venison and they wanted me to fry some up after seeing my post form Louisiana this weekend. We did it all, biscuits and gravy with fresh fried up venison and it was awesome. #food#cooking#venison#weekend#family#time#familytime
The #sistersquad looking super cute and festive in their Christmas shirts!
Baby Gemma and I are heading out to finish up the Christmas shopping today, hoping the crowds aren't too crazy! Are you done with your shopping yet?
My little elves stepped out of their workshop and politely asked for some cookies. How will I say no to them??? 😳😝 I’m taking Christmas into overdrive now that Lachlan and George are here; it’s their FIRST! 🎅🏻🎄✨What did you do to make your kid’s first Christmas special? Also how many baby costume changes are acceptable?? 🤔